Do you know what is a tablet? There are probably many of you who have used or are using a tablet for your work. But there must be many of you who don’t know what this tablet PC is.
As we advance in technology, information technology is also becoming an important part of our lives. Look at any person today, everyone must have an electronic device, be it a smartphone, computer, laptop, or tablet.
The main reason why all these devices are so popular is that they are very portable and can be used anywhere and anytime. Gradually more and more manufacturers are making kisses due to their growing demand and it is also becoming very popular among familiar people.
Devices like laptops and tablets have to be used more easily to perform all the functions of a computer. Tablets can be used primarily for internet browsing, as a media device, and as a designing tool.
In such a situation it is very important that people have complete knowledge about the tablet so that they can use it properly to perform their tasks. That’s why today I thought why not give you complete information about what is tablet PC, which is very important for you to know.
So without further delay let’s start and know what this table is and how and where it is used.
What is Tablet PC?
A tablet computer, or tablet or simply a tab, is a type of mobile computer, larger than a mobile phone or personal digital assistant, that integrates and is primarily operated by a flat touch screen. Goes by touching the screen, while not using it. A physical keyboard.
Most of the time, an on-screen virtual keyboard, a passive stylus pen, or a digital pen is used.
A tablet personal computer is a type of portable personal computer equipped with a touch screen as a primary input device.
It is called a tablet because the size of this computer is the size of a tablet. Due to its portability, it is very easily used by all users.
The tablet was first conceptualized by Alan Kay at Xerox in 1971 and has since seen many iterations in its design and features in tablet devices.
The first successful and popular tablet was the Apple iPad, which was first released in 2010.
Who invented the tablet computer?
The Tablet computer was invented by Jeff Hawkins in 1989.
What is the function of the Tablet?
- Tablet computers are much less powerful than ‘proper’ PCs. Instead of a full operating system (OS) like Windows, an extended version of the smartphone OS is typically used in tablets.
- Although it may be a little small to fit in your hand, it is large enough to display a lot of text that is also reasonably sized, giving the computer the feel of a book or magazine. Tablets have been invented for this.
- This tablet is ideal for web browsing, its size and shape make it easy to read text and hold the device. All tablets nowadays are Wi-Fi enabled, making it easy for users to browse the internet, using either a 3G or 4G connection, to easily connect to the internet from anywhere and anytime. can
- Like other smartphones, tablet computers also have access to connect to Play Store, App Store, etc., so that apps can be purchased and downloaded easily.
- Tablet computers are also great media players. Users can easily listen to music through its built-in speakers. Also, if a good graphics card is used, you can watch HD-quality videos.
- Most tablets have e-reader software to download and read e-books.
- Android games or iOS games can also be played on these tablets.
How does the Tablet work?
Tablets work in the same way that most electronics work, especially computers and smartphones. They also have a screen, powered by a rechargeable battery, as well as a built-in camera, built-in mic, and speaker.
Also, there are storage devices to store all the files.
The main difference between a tablet and other devices is that it does not include all the hardware components outside the device like in a desktop computer, but all the hardware is included in the tablet.
It usually uses a special mobile operating system, which includes many features.
Because tablets are designed for mobility and the entire screen is touch-sensitive, you don’t need to use an external keyboard or mouse.
Here you can interact with everything on the screen using your finger or stylus. Well, you can connect the keyboard and mouse wirelessly if you want.
Tablets are recharged with a cable that matches a cell phone charger, such as a USB-C, Micro-USB, or Lightning cable.
What is a Phablet?
Phablet is a device that is a combination of two words “phone” and “tablet“. It’s a phone that’s so big it’s like a tablet.
Phablets aren’t actually tablets in the traditional sense, but larger smartphones are sometimes called phablets.
What are the Advantages of Tablets?
- It is used in places where there is no space to use a keyboard and mouse.
- Being a lightweight and low-power model, they can be used as an e-book reader.
- Having a contact environment makes it very easy to navigate.
- Digital painting and image editing are much easier than painting and sketching with a mouse.
- It can easily insert diagrams, mathematical notation, and symbols.
- Its touch screen capability is liked by many users as it is easy for them to control the device.
- Current tablets have longer battery life than laptops and netbooks.
What are the Disadvantages of Tablets?
- High cost: Their prices are a bit higher than other devices.
- Lack of input speed: Handwriting or typing is slow on virtual keyboards if we compare it with traditional keyboards.
- It requires the user to know about the programs because just pointing at the icons in it doesn’t make him aware of it. In such a situation, the user must understand the programs using the tablets.
- Having poor video capabilities: Most tablet computers have embedded graphics processors that are not much better than discrete graphics cards.
- Risk of the screen is high: The screen of these tablet computers is very fragile, so a lot of care needs to be taken while using them. Otherwise, your screen may be damaged.
What did you learn today?
I hope you liked my article on what is a tablet. It has always been my effort to provide readers with complete information on what a tablet does so that they do not have to search for it on another site or on the internet in the context of this article.
This will also save them time and they will get all the information in one place. If you have any doubt about this article or want some improvement then you can write comments for it.
If you liked this post on what is tablet PC or learned something then please share this post on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, etc.